We hope you and your family have been staying healthy and well. We know the past few weeks have been challenging. I am proud that by working together, we have done an excellent job flattening the risk curve! In light of Governor DeWine’s latest announcement this week, we are reopening on May 8th and look forward to welcoming you back through our doors.
If your appointment was postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we will call to reschedule you. To expedite this process, we ask that you please wait for our call rather than calling yourself as we have limited phone operators.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control is a top priority for our practice, you may have noticed this during your past visits to our office. Our infection control processes ensure that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and team members safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and exceed each agencies’ recommendations.
You will see changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and team. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are at your appointment.
- We have hand sanitizer available and will ask you to use it when you enter the office.
- We will take your temperature at the outset of your appointment.
- Our reception area will no longer offer magazines, as those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We have placed HEPA air filters throughout the office to clean the air of pathogens.
- We have temporarily closed our beverage station.
- Appointments will be staggered to allow for social distancing between patients. That may mean you are offered fewer options when scheduling your appointment.
- We will allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the office at any one time.
- Please do not bring anyone else with you to your appointment.
Upon arriving for your appointment, you will call or send a text message, saying “I am here” with the patient’s name from the parking lot. We will begin the check-in process and provide further instructions before you enter the building.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Michael Fair and the Team at Arlington Dental Group